Marauders is much more than Escape from Tarkov in space

When Small Impact to me for the first time said it would develop a space game that was inspired by Hardcore Looter Shooters like Escape from Tarkov, I had my doubts. Developers have long tried in vain to repeat the success of the extraction shooter of Battlestate Games. Dice has tried the Hazard Zone mode of Battlefield 2042, as well as a problem with Scavengers, but none of them really fulfilled the order. After playing Marauders, however, I am convinced that the new developer of Team 17 is on the winning page.

Marauders is much more than just Escape from Tarkov in space. You will not simply thrown and prompted with a weapon into a No Man's Sky diesel dose adventure and prompt. Instead, they are placed behind the control of a spaceship - in my case the great old Rust bucket - in an alternative history of history and get the keys to the galaxy.

This becomes even more exciting through the fact that the game consists essentially of three levels: space exploration, ship fighting and raids. Everyone starts in space where they and their team are flying through a procedural world and look for other ships or interesting places. From there you will find a goal and determine how your raid should run. You can go as a pirate in space and attack other ships, or you can dock at the next station and walk in.

During my first trip to the whole, my three-headed team decided to try our luck in the mines - a great attraction that floated shortly after entering space into our field of vision. Armed with a Thompson (the game plays in a timeline, in which the "big wars" never ended) and a reasonably decent armor, I felt confident when the airlock came into view of this impressive-looking area. Before we opened the doors, I noticed a three-digit number that was exhibited. Without them, we would lose access to the stopped bay in which our ship was parked - which would make our escape a little more difficult.

But when the doors opened and we continued to penetrate into the unknown, I was remembered how punishable these extraction shooters can be. I left my teammates for a few seconds from the eyes and during this time they started attacking a KI player. I did not know who was who was, and they did not. When I turned around the corner to help, I promptly got a ball from my own teammate.

Route, and now, a bit upset, I looked at Joe, my pcgamesn colleagues over the shoulder (you can read his reading next here) when he swelled by the locale and tried to return through the open space. While leaving the mines and tried to find an extract, I started building for the next raid.

To be honest, I had a little luck. I took the biggest part of my good equipment with this last raid, just to be killed by the team, so I decided to venture myself with a pistol and a dream into the unknown. With the Rust Bucket it went back to the All - Joe took over the role of the pilot and I managed the tower. It did not take long until we came across another ship and decided to engage us.

Tarkov has a FREE in-game Crosshair (Point Fire and Hip Fire Tips / Guide) - Escape from Tarkov The Rust Bucket - the base ship to which you always have access, regardless of whether you have lost the rest of your fleet in a raid - but is not just built for the fight. Although we succeeded in landing a few shots on the other ship, but it did not take long until we were forced to look for the rescue capsules - small ships built for a person and were not really built for the fight. But instead of running away, we decided to go to the whole with these tiny capsules and try to go on board the ship.

As we are not forgotten, I'm a foggy, but we did it. When we were three - all in separate capsules - approaching the enemy ship, came a prompt that allowed us to go on board. Within seconds, they are thrown with the weapon in the hand on board the ship and prompted to do the work.

It is not that simple. Since we walked all three of different pods on board, we all entered the ship in different places. While my head still pounded the last friendly ball, I started to inform my teammates about my location, and when we met, we started to push the bridge.

In an offensive formation we clarified corner around corner. It did not look like anyone here, but then suddenly sounded a shot. The pilot appeared with an MP40 and we knew we had to be fast when we wanted to live out live. Shots started to sound left, right and in the middle, as two more players (or Ki, who knows) appeared exactly on the keyword. One of my teammates goes under, but we can do it - and now I am a proud owner of a MP40 and a beautiful, shiny new ship.

Since one of our teammates died, we decided for a jump - to the next excerpt. In contrast to Escape from Tarkov, which is difficult to navigate as a new player, especially because extracts can be hidden in things like cracks in the walls, Marauders is much easier. Each card will always have two cutouts in space that are easy to recognize - so that they are not forced to fly around the edge of space and desperately looking for a way out.

On the way, we met a few ships, but we decided together to leave each other al1. With a full server, which offers space for up to 16 players - as well as countless KI-Raiders - we would probably have been intercepted, but here we could breathe.

Back in the main menu, I decided to sort my equipment. The Jigsaw Inventory System is similar to Tarkov - you can draw equipment from your stock to your players and place there and vice versa. You must play inventory tetris if you have multiple RAIDs successfully behind them, and you need to cling to specific items for dealer tasks and crafts. You also have the opportunity to open safes - if you are fortunate to find them in the wild or a dealer who leads them - which reveal a mysterious object. These are a bit like prey boxes, but they can not be bought with real money.

In terms of craft, things scales when they become more experienced players and ascend. With bits you find in Raids, you can finally make everything from ammunition about armor to weapons. However, it will be pleased to know that in contrast to Tarkov there are only fixed ammunition types for each weapon - they will not find 19 variations from 5.56 here. As far as traders are concerned, they can take jobs from them as soon as they appear, what if they are completed will improve their relationship with them. I was told that, although there is currently a reputation system that cooperation with one or the other dealer will not affect their relationships with others not negatively - but it is something that small impact could be included later.

These are both great options for savvy players who want to earn a bit extra money, or for players who have difficulty defeating others in PVP scenarios. In Tarkov, it is easy to reach the low point when you have a few bad raids behind, and as an enthusiastic extraction plunder, Small Impact wanted to tackle this with a few well-placed functions. In Marauders there is no insurance system, but you always have access to a ship and basic prey - regardless of your level. So that you can always raiden, you always have access to the Rust Bucket, a pistol and some basic armor. It will not help you if you bend around a corner and face someone with an MG42, but it's something.

If you are worried that the developers only think of casual players do not do it. Marauders has a prestigious system that allows you to unlock new features every time you reach Level 50. There are dozens of rewards to choose from, but the tempting thing is the opportunity to expand their stock. The only hook? To do this, you have to delete your character. By winning Prestige, give control over their inventory and their fleet - and return to the beginning. It offers the perfect challenge for those who want to push themselves, and for players who contain the six-month cycle of Tarkov Tüchen.

With the certainty that I would not lose if I die in space, I decided to get out big at my last raid. I grabbed a flame thrower - does not ask me how that works in space - and a powerful armor and boast our newly acquired ship. That was it, I thought. Here we go from zero to heroes.

This time I took the reins as a pilot. The control of the spaceship was not so complicated as I expected, and after I discovered an interesting point on which we wanted to go to control, I switched on the thrust nozzles to avoid a nearby gun turret. After we had docked, we went through the airlock, and we thought to note the three-digit number, and in the harbor. It seemed quiet, but we had been warned that Navy Commandos - essentially Ki bosses - had said that.

We moved through the basement and made us a way through the boxes and shelves until we finally heard a movement. I turned around the corner, fired flames and burned a Ki to chips. I took his MP40 so I could challenge attackers on a big distance, and then went on to the harbor. We did a few more attackers, some of whom have attacked us and have shot others from the distance to us until we finally came to a pub area.

We did not find any Commandos here, but there was a lot of Ki to find. At this time Joe and I had found our groove and could clear the bar area with ease. Bimfully with prey and containers, we decide to return to the ship to extract.

Since the ship has a hiding place, we could have decided to unload our equipment and drive it back in - something as I was told is a very practicable strategy - but we decide to go. As soon as we are back in the ship and in space, we fly to the exit, but something shiny falls into the eye. A huge military ship, which is clearly flown from a player, disappears behind an asteroid. Until this point we were successful, and packed by the equipment fever, we decide to take the persecution - but with our capsules instead of our large, slow ship.

We are approaching secretly and our unsuspecting enemy has no idea. Within seconds we are on board and rush to the bridge. I can not see anything or hear, but then a hail from shots. When I reach the pilot seat, I find Joe, who appears over his kill - a player who is set to the high sky. We both take AdrenalingePumpt our share and decide that it is time to go now. When we left the robbery, my heart pounded and I...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Ash: How to collect all Mirrorsea

Prosecutors Office again determines against the DFB

Hideo Kojima Teases New Job, And People Think Norman Reedus Is Involved